Hollywood's Dirt

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Gossip-MTV VMA's Announced

LADY GAGA SCORES A RECORD 13 MTV VIDEO MUSIC NOMINATIONS!...PLUS, THE LIST OF MAJOR NOMINATIONS [2010-08-04 01:00:00]

Lady Gaga got an amazing 13 nominations for the MTV Video Music Awards. That set a new record for the most nominations ever in a single VMA season.

Lady Gaga has two nominations in the video of the year category for "Bad Romance" and "Telephone" featuring Beyonce, The competition includes Eminem for "Not Afraid" and B.o.B for "Airplanes".

Gaga also got nods for best pop, best dance and best female music video.

Eminem was the most nominated male artist with eight.

Justin Bieber got his first nomination in the best new artist category for "Baby".

Ke$ha, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Katy Perry, Usher and Florence and the Machine were also nominated.

The moonmen will be handed out on September 12th.

People can vote for the general categories on vma.mtv.com. They can vote by text message for the best new artist until the show

LADY GAGA CALLS THE MTV VMAS THE "VIDEO MONSTER AWARDS" IN HONOR OF HER 13 NOMINATIONS [2010-08-04 01:00:00]

Lady Gaga reacted to getting a record-breaking 13 MTV Video Music Awards nominations by calling the show the "Video Monster Awards".

She Tweeted: "13 VMA noms lil monsters. Breakin records+breakin rules. I love you, you Bad Kids are a part of me. PAWS UP! VideoMonsterAwards."

KE$HA IS "GRATEFUL" FOR HER MTV VMA NOMINATIONS...PLUS, SHE'S NOW PROMOTING WATCHES?! [2010-08-04 01:00:00]

Ke$ha is up for three awards at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.

She tweeted her fans over how excited she was.

She wrote: "Holy sh--! 3 VMA nominations! I don't even know what to say. I'm so grateful and thankful and stunned and excited. I can't even put into words actually how much this means to me; ) thank you to every single one of my fans! I'm f---ing losing my sh--. I'm so stoked!"

"I'm going to pee myself. I'm bouncing around my hotel room. This is the best day ever. I want to pee on something. I'm so scared. What do I wear? That means people like me! I've been working so hard for this. I'm so excited. This is the happiest day of my life, so far."

Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" is up for Best Female Video, Best New Artist and Best Pop Video. She is also nominated with 3OH!3 for Best Collaboration for their song "My First Kiss".

SOURCE

RELATED: Ke$ha Is Now Selling Out...As In Selling Watches

Casio teamed up with Ke$ha for their new 2010 "Shock the World" collection.

She's going to be doing promotion for the line in the form of commercials and print ads.

Ke$ha showed up in New York for the big announcement sporting a wristful of watches. Also, her lips were covered in baby blue glitter lipstick.

SOME MORE, HOT PICS OF KATY PERRY!... (JUST BECAUSE) [2010-08-04 01:00:00]

HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO HAVE DRAKE OR SELENA GOMEZ PERFORM FOR YOU? [2010-08-04 01:00:00]

So what does it cost to book Drake or Kiss for a concert? What about "American Idol" winner Kris Allen or Selena Gomez?

According to contract documents from Buster, here's what it costs to book some acts:

Rascal Flatts--$702,500

Kiss--$500,000

Keith Urban--$487,500

Drake--$155,000

Selena Gomez--$100,000

Kelly Pickler--$40,000

Kris Allen--$12,500

Chris Young--$7,500

PARAMORE'S HAYLEY WILLIAMS BLOGS ABOUT BEING THE ONLY GIRL IN THE BAND...PLUS VIDEO OF A HAYLEY STALKER FINDING HER HOUSE! [2010-08-04 01:00:00]

Paramore's Hayley Williams blogged about being the only girl in the band, among other things.

She wrote: "So what's up everybody? Right now, I'm sitting in a trailer home which is currently doubling as our dressing room. The boys just finished doing P90X. Have you seen this? Have you heard about this? Anyways, I was watching them do all these intense moves that are meant to help them achieve the perfect six pack, all shirtless and sweat. Then I got to thinking how many girls and boys might wish they were in my shoes. You know, just watching a bunch of half-dressed sweaty guys get buff. I mean, to me this is just a normal day. Besides, I just think it's funny."

"In every interview we've ever done, I get asked the question, 'What's it like being the only girl in the band?' or some other version of it. It's not that it's annoying, it's just that I wonder what's so fascinating about it. (Other than watching the guys do P90X, right?) But I guess, sadly enough, I do recognize that it's still pretty rare to see a girl fronting a band and commanding a stage. Have you ever wondered why it's so difficult for girls to get into scene and be taken seriously? I have."

"When we started touring, there were next to no young women fronting bands like ours. And as lonely as that felt sometimes, I loved the challenge. I looked up to anyone who could control a crowd and not feel sorry about it. Usually those people were men who were twice my age. So, when we took the stage I'd forget about the fact that I was 16 and forget that I was one of the only girls in the scene. I would try and win over as many people as I could for the greater good of Paramore, all in the short 25 minutes we got to play. In many cases, this worked. Maybe it helped that I looked like a teenage boy?"

"There were, however, the odd nights where pretty much all I was good for was a sounding board for various meatheads who's chivalry peaked at 'Take off your top!'. At 16 years old, I thought they must be crazy anyways cause well, yes, I looked like a teenage boy. I stood my ground and never walked off any of those stages. Never let nobody get the best of me. Cause I knew that I wanted to do something important. Mainly, make it in a world where people aren't supposed to make it. It's supposed to be tough but I never cared and neither did the guys."

"And here we are 5 years later. We're playing a whole hour longer than we did when we started, and the crowds are a lot bigger. I can't be too sure but I think this is what they call 'making it.' Nah, you know, I am absolutely sure. Why? Because I'll never forget where we came from. I'll never forget how it was lonely. How it was a challenge. How I loved playing the game and winning every night. The women who have earned this dream aren't much different than I am. And maybe not that different from you either. We all want to make it in a world where people aren't actually supposed to make it. Check back later cause I'll be posting all the time. I like to type. Hayley"


No comments: